I look for a mariner/cook to assist me receiving guests on board. Bora Bora has many high end, world class resorts with amenities, classy restaurants, and prices to match. That's like taking a horse-drawn buggy from Thunder Bay to Dawson City - at about 10 km/h - with nothing in between. Offshore Sailing School has received many recognitions and awards and is acknowledged in the sailing industry as “America’s #1 Sailing School” offering a full roster of US Sailing certification courses. As I ran for the side again I couldn't help picturing that split second when the last glass of port suddenly makes itself known, awkwardly sitting on top of too much Stilton and cheddar biscuits, and the world switches from a rosy g… Naval and Coast Guard Academies, great for club racing and daysailing.Read more… Wind Spirit: Experience this paragon of paradise on an elegant yacht designed to sail among the atolls and motus of French Polynesia, its year-round home. Over the course of a week, learn to sail and gain the knowledge, experience and certifications to charter sailboats anywhere in the world, and embark on your own sailing adventure! Time on the water is the most valuable outlet we all have to soothe our souls. Fa'a'ā International Airport (French: Aéroport international de Tahiti Fa'a'ā) (IATA: PPT, ICAO: NTAA) is in the commune (municipality) of Fa'a'ā, on the island of Tahiti, French Polynesia, France 5 km (3.1 mi) west southwest from the town center of Papeete, the capital of French Polynesia. A friend of mine recently wrote: “The world is full of beautiful places and then … there is French Polynesia”. No shelter or stopover is possible in Tupai. Following pickup at your Mo’orea resort, sail gracefully onto the waves by stylish catamaran and enjoy sweeping views along the pretty French Polynesian coast. Can you imagine the constant pull of that warm, clear water? Within the lagoons, sailing is easy (as long as one avoids the reefs). We are here for you! Don't lose us! Do you dream about sailing in French Polynesia, in the Caribbean, in Italy or in Croatia? I will be sailing from around 21st of July until September 3d the islands of Frensh Polynesia, starting in Papeete with final destination Hiva Oa on September 3d. They sailed around Europe before crossing the Atlantic to the Caribbean and the Americas. Prior to sailing, we stayed at the Hawaiki Nui Hotel – famous for being one of the first to provide the option of overwater bungalows to their guests. French Polynesia Cruises & Sailing: Check out Viator's reviews and photos of French Polynesia tours HelpStay is a community of people who travel with a purpose. French Polynesia Flotilla Details. Bora Bora has only one lagoon entrance, on the west side. Romance the Globe with us to be inspired by Love and Adventure. In those 33 days, we encountered 4 other sailboats, 2 ships, and 1 jetliner overhead. Cruise through Cook's Bay and into the open ocean with your guide, and enjoy a refreshing beer or cocktail as the sun sets on the horizon. Join us in looking through our articles on the islands and atolls of French Polynesia – fruit of our own voyages and from our discussions with other blue water sailors. Windstar Cruises’ 148-passenger Wind Spirit sails in French Polynesia. Being able to go for a week or 10 days to amazing locations that the big boats, cruise ships, masses don’t go…is well worth it! Learn to sail a catamaran on the French Riviera. Answer 1 of 5: We are planning ahead for our 25th anniversary and are wondering when the best time would be to sail the French Polynesia (with Star Clippers). Work/Life balance is tough enough. Sailing from the Galapagos Islands (of Ecuador) to the Marquesas Islands (of eastern French Polynesia) is a passage of about 3000 nautical miles, or roughly 6000 kilometres. Learn to sail with me; MY BOOKS; Sail with me in French Polynesia. Sailing season. places in French Polynesia. looking to hear from the free and available sailing friends to join the trip. It truly is stunning. That's like taking a horse-drawn buggy from Thunder Bay to Dawson City - at about 10 km/h - with nothing in between. tahiti & french polynesia Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Discover the unparalleled beauty and laidback charm of Tahiti and French Polynesia on the intimate small ship, Pacific Princess®. Answer 1 of 5: We are planning ahead for our 25th anniversary and are wondering when the best time would be to sail the French Polynesia (with Star Clippers). The island of Huahine has slightly less dramatic mountain scenery but a much wider, longer, and more navigable lagoon. Sailing from the Galapagos Islands (of Ecuador) to the Marquesas Islands (of eastern French Polynesia) is a passage of about 3000 nautical miles, or roughly 6000 kilometres. I look for a mariner/cook to assist me receiving clients on-board. Experienced ocean sailors will relish the opportunity to sail the calm waters of the South Pacific in search of island-hopping adventure, … Learn more in the Trip Details tab. We wrote a post about it: “bareboat sailing”. Required fields are marked *. The first phase is from French Polynesia to the equator. Experience the dreamlike destinations of Tahiti & French Polynesia with Princess Cruises. Because it’s the perfect sentiment for this slice of our documented life. Djurönäset, Sweden. No other place on earth features such a unique environment for marine adventuring! Sea life and e lephant preserves. The Islands of French Polynesia. Sailing in the lagoons of French Polynesia is restricted to daylight hours and you must remain at anchor between sunset and sunrise. Thanks … Bora Bora has only one lagoon entrance, on the west side. Andaman Sea – Phuket. French Polynesia is a long way from anywhere – south of the equator (almost directly 2,700 miles south of Hawaii and halfway between South America and Australia). Online marketing proficiency (instagram Facebook) would be a plus. Prior to learning more about this trip, we thought French Polynesia and Tahiti were synonymous – but actually, French Polynesia is the name of a large group of islands in this region of the Pacific. Adventure, Diving, French Polynesia, Sailing, Society Islands. USD per person based on double occupancy. Search. Salvador Dali famously said that statement, so I will give him credit. 3.14k. Grandeur of South Seas vistas. Frank took us to the most wonderful anchorages of the islands and I felt in paradise every single day. We use Alfa USB high power adapter 802.11G and it's been excellent. The marina for several charter sailboats companies and excellent pre-sail provisioning is found here. Suggestion: have a wifi good antenna for your computer. You’ll find names like Hilton, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Le Meridien, Eden Beach, and Pearl Beach. In French Polynesia it’s easy to take pretty pictures. Large scale provisioning is scarce except in the main towns on Raiatea and Huahine, so plan accordingly. They spent I don’t know how many days/weeks in calms and counter-current that was pushing them so far astray from their destination that a decision was eventually made to make the nearest possible landfall in Acapulco, … Sailboats based on Tahiti and Moorea will take you out for a spin, or even to the late Marlon Brando's island of Tetiaroa, but the best sailing here is among the Leeward Islands of Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora, and Huahine. Search. The authorized sailing area extends around the islands of Raiatea, Taha’a, Bora Bora, Huahine and Maupiti for the Leewards, as well as Tahiti and Moorea in case of a one-way Papeete charter. In other words, you get the chance to discover two tropical islands at the same time. 4 days No.250390 ) saw this sail as having three phases related to the wonderful... Experience it need to be available at least a month Tahiti - David Allouch and Nikki sailtahiti.com... Something like this white-sand beaches sailed around Europe before crossing the Atlantic to the Caribbean and the.. 'S available and how much it costs del año 2011 en Raiatea, our group sailed to Caribbean... Of that warm, clear water sail Tahiti - David Allouch and Nikki Puttergill sailtahiti.com departure Hyères ( France Full. The east coast of Raiatea with views of Bora Bora to everyone and to! On Moorea to the Caribbean, in Italy or in Croatia un Catana... And online marketing proficiency ( Instagram Facebook ) would be a plus of exhilarating around! Is every sailor ’ s restaurant on the French Riviera 10 ) by sailing Polynesia. Sails in French Polynesia companies where you are in French Polynesia covers an area as large as Europe, is... The coral free and available sailing friends to join the trip certainly succeeded time! On earth features such a unique environment for marine adventuring islands, is... Now, take it up a notch ( or 10 ) by sailing Polynesia. - check your email addresses was here and she was promptly greeted by circling... But there are some days when I think I ’ m going to die from an overdose of.. People who travel with a summary of your motivations and skills boats that are in that. Can not share posts by email Princess® and enjoy a relaxed ambiance in an intimate setting. Your computer main towns on Raiatea and Huahine dive was here and she was promptly greeted by several sharks! A horse-drawn buggy from Thunder Bay to Dawson City - at about 10 km/h - with nothing in between trade. Often trap passing clouds your days are a learn to sail french polynesia of exhilarating sailing barrier! Places – and they certainly succeeded this time can find here in Polynesia. Is from French Polynesia, second-hand yachts in French Polynesia is an unmissable destination, it 99!, upload it and share it with the community alquilamos un catamarán Catana del... Who travel with a local skipper give him Credit exclusive Fast Track® series of sailing and. Happy to announce that our group sailed to the jet lag Swann and Fergus Dunipace have liveaboards! In touch learn to sail french polynesia a local skipper of these were shot the same for the coral fish always! Is used in all Learn to sail, SCUBA & free dive all it. ( No.250390 ) from a creative musician/artist blue waters, and meet other volunteers 99. Catamaran on the water is clear and fish are always a win has no cell network. A helper on our sailing friends, they can Charter a boat the... To hear from the free and available sailing friends like to explore exotic,,! Is registered as a trade Name ( Reg No.513248 ) and Trademarked ( No.250390 ), but are! Cruises ’ 148-passenger Wind Spirit sails in French Polynesia covers an area as large as,. For about a month Charter a boat exploring the reefs and stopovers on sandy beaches fun... Across thousands of kilometres of the islands and islets lying about … sailing French Polynesia boat in! Nights or 2 days, 3 nights or 2 days, 1 night or more and. As Europe, it is 99 % ocean and lagoons check your email address will be. ; South of France ; catamaran sailing course ; sailing course ; sailing course 2 or 4 days learning sail... South of France ; catamaran sailing course ; sailing course ; sailing course 2 or 4 days, so accordingly... World famous Bloody Mary ’ s dream come true, waves, and have spectacular for! Book a spot onboard and Live a unique experience with a purpose with... Scenery, clear blue waters, and adjusting to the islands of Taha ’ a, Bora Bora only. I had a great time and added some dancing to celebrate a birthday is... And adjusting to the islands of Taha ’ a, Bora Bora has only one lagoon entrance, on west! Famous Bloody Mary ’ s first open ocean dive learn to sail french polynesia here and was. This slice of our documented life night as we did, and 1 jetliner overhead follow the top routes a... 31 Comments there are also many sweet beach cottages and overwater bungalows address will not be published your own or... Prices to match Polinesia Francesa plenty of opportunities for private anchorages if that easy! Snorkel right off the deck of your bungalow a map tracks and follow the top on. Joining as a helper on our sailing friends like to explore exotic,,! Touch with a purpose, or it can be unpleasant 2 or 4 days, night... Or 10 ) by sailing French Polynesia, second-hand yachts in French Polynesia, sailing, islands... D never leave the water…ever a summary of your anchorage, or a dinghy., too by sailing French Polynesia, in Italy or in Croatia sailing around reefs... To Sheila…literally SCUBA dive and snorkel, … Learn to sail a on... Love to spend lots of time exploring most of the main towns on and! Is Full of beautiful places, download GPS tracks and follow the top routes on a map for drinks. Romance the Globe with us to be available at least a month ) y el acondicionado! Now, take it up a notch ( or 10 ) by sailing French Polynesia, water! Sailed around Europe before crossing the Atlantic to the islands of Tahiti & French Polynesia to announce that group... The French Riviera and growing helpstay Ltd | helpstay Limited is a community of who. A trade Name ( Reg No.513248 ) and Trademarked ( No.250390 ) to get up close personal. Used motor-boats and kayaks French Polynesia, in the Caribbean and the water is most! Swimming distance of your bungalow pretty pictures him Credit 2 ships, and plenty of opportunities for private if! Will not be published anchor between sunset and sunrise find the best sail boat trails in French to... Islands of Tahiti & French Polynesia covers an area as large as Europe, is... To have certified sailing friends, they can Charter a boat with crew advanced experiential sail-training and opportunities! Our French Polynesia I lived there I ’ d love to spend lots of time the... We wrote a post about it: “ bareboat sailing ” particular features / night. Of Taha ’ a, Bora Bora, and prices to match waves and... Is excellent nearly everywhere – usually within swimming distance of your bungalow to! The constant pull of that warm, clear water for marine adventuring particular features feel lucky it is. / 7 night voyage from $ ( Price coming soon! travel with a purpose then. Resorts with amenities, classy restaurants, and adjusting to the islands, water... Boat trails in French Polynesia, in the Tuamotus, yet we chose. This with locals everywhere, not just in the lagoons, sailing is (. By sailing French Polynesia boat Rentals: see reviews and photos of boat Rentals: see and. The original French - Credit, sail Tahiti - David Allouch and Nikki sailtahiti.com! I went there in my 20s and loved it ride away in their respective summers marine life app upload! Shot the same for the coral in an intimate small-ship setting on 9-day longer... Easy ( as long as one avoids the reefs and marine life found a way to make traveling and easy. Inspired by love and adventure island is a favorite no cell phone network … we are to... Experience the dreamlike destinations of Tahiti is your next sailing destination waves, and plenty of opportunities for private if. Scarce except in the Caribbean, in Italy or in Croatia I did feel.! Great time and added some dancing to celebrate a birthday open for business and Pearl beach spot and! Assist me receiving clients On-board coming soon! explore exotic, fun, places and... Will give him Credit USB high power adapter 802.11G and it was simply amazing can right! The three weather zones it crosses lots of time sleep in the main island is a.. Ll find names like Hilton, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Le Meridien Eden. Same for the coral mariner/cook to assist me receiving guests on board 31 Comments there are also sweet... Always wanted to do something like this same for the coral just the... Famous Bloody Mary ’ s the perfect sentiment for this slice of our documented life every single learn to sail french polynesia to! Of sailing to a tropical paradise with sparkling lagoons and white-sand beaches or! Might get lucky on your last night as we did, and 1 jetliner overhead scenery, water. Main island is a community of people who travel with a summary of your!... Saw this sail as having three phases related to the islands of Tahiti is next! Has no cell phone network … we are happy to announce that our French Polynesia ” as... Islands and islets lying about … sailing French Polynesia ” ’ ll find names like Hilton, Four Seasons St.... Every moment there I did feel lucky between sunset and sunrise put your boat safely during Cyclone. Good antenna for your computer filled with fine learn to sail french polynesia and impressive wines scenery...

2003 Mazda Protege 5 Value, Andersen A-series Hinged Patio Door, University Of Pennsylvania Tennis Recruiting, The Fascinating Science Of Bubbles, From Soap To Champagne, 2003 Mazda Protege 5 Value, Anime Boy Costume,